Here’s how to view and access Apple Photos in Windows 10 guide for PC desktop and laptop users. Apple has often been criticized for keeping its products and services closed to outside access, which makes them less customizable compared to other platforms like Android that offers great possibilities for porting Android apps and games on Windows PC. If you are a Windows users, all you need is to install a driver on PC to enable access to your iCloud account from computer without having to first open iCloud.com on web browser and login to access iCloud content. You can access and view Apple Photos in Windows 10 along with reminders, emails, calendars and contacts on iCloud Drive for Windows 10.
Before learning how to view Apple Photos, you need to have valid and working iCloud account. There are there ways you can create an iCloud account.
How To Set up an iCloud Account
Method 1 – iOS Device
You can use the Settings app on your iOS device to create an iCloud account. After iCloud account activation, you can start syncing your files from the device to iCloud account.
- Open Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap on iCloud to go to the iCloud menu.
- To create a new account, you need to first log out from the current iCloud account, if you are already signed in.
- Now tap on the Get a Free Apple ID button.
- Enter your date of birth to determine the kind of content you can access.
- Enter your name, the one you use on official documents.
- Make sure account information is the same to the one on your billing information.
- Enter your email address. Use active email account to receive an activation mail, and also to recover iCloud account via email verification if it is compromised.
- Select three security questions and answers. Remember the answers as you will need them for changing iCloud settings. Always choose a strong password since iCloud account contains your personal information.
- Also provide secondary email address to for security reason.
- Accept Apple terms and conditions. After that, you can log in with your new iCloud ID.
Method 2 – MAC OS X / mac OS Sierra
Here’s how to create iCloud account on MAC:
- Click on the Apple menu button in the upper-left corner of MAC screen.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Select the iCloud icon to the open the iCloud settings menu.
- In the dialog box, enter you account details if you have already using an iCloud account, or create a new one.
- For creating a new account, click on the Create new Apple ID option.
- Fill out the form with personal information and note it down somewhere in case you need this information for recovering your account later.
- Enter the activation code send by Apple to access your new iCloud account.
Method 3 – Windows PC
Here’s how to create iCloud account on Windows PC:
- Open Apple webpage to create your iCloud account.
- Enter your personal information and email to link with iCloud account.
- Select your country and region, password, and security questions with answer.
- Enter activation code received via email.
- Login to your new iCloud account.
iCloud has three different software packages that allow you to access different kind of information from iCloud. You can use Outlook 2007 for mail, contacts, calendars and reminders. Use Google Chrome 28 or later, Firefox 22 or later, Internet Explorer 10 or Microsoft Edge, or Safari 5.1.7 to view bookmarks on iCloud. You will be able to access documents via iCloud Drive.
How To Create iCloud for Windows 10
1 – Download iCloud for Windows and install it on PC.
2 – Once installed, restart PC to finalize configuration.
3 – Launch iCloud on PC.
4 – Enter Apple ID.
5 – Choose the type of content that you want synchronized with your iCloud account.
6 – Click on the Apply button.
Download Apple iCloud Photos on PC
In the iCloud Drive on Windows, or iCloud.com, you can manage and delete your photos and videos from the Photos app in iCloud.
- Open iCloud for Windows.
- Next to Photos option, click Options.
- Select iCloud Photo Library.
- Click Done, and then Apply.
When you turn Photos feature ON, iCloud will automatically create a folder called iCloud Photos where all photos and videos that you add to the iCloud folder from PC can be viewed on any Apple device linked to that account. You can also access these files from iCloud.com. You can share photos and videos through the iCloud Photo Sharing feature.
You can choose to uninstall the iCloud from Windows from Control Panel like any other program on Windows PC.
Also See on AppsforWin10:
SugarSync for Windows 10