Windows operating systems are known for their customization features that let users fully personalize their Windows copy according to their own liking. Microsoft has always been generous when it comes to allowing end-user in having virtually complete control over Windows PC operating system. Windows 10 is no exception, you can change theme, wallpaper and lock screen image easily on the both 32-bit and 64-bit version. Here i am going to discuss how to change Windows 10 Theme, Wallpaper and Lock Screen on PC, laptop and tablet.
Windows 10 comes with the new Settings app that has features for tweaking the operating system. From Settings, you can change the appearance of your PC software as well as perform basic admin tasks such as manage network connections, security and updates and much more. On previous Windows version you had to perform all these tasks from the Control Panel, which was somewhat not easy to grasp for non-expert users.
How to Change Theme on Windows 10
See instructions below to see how to change Windows 10 themes in just a few clicks.
- Right-click anywhere on an empty space on the desktop and select Personalize option from the context menu.
- This will open Personalization Settings window. Click on the Theme option.
- Select required theme option and minimize the window. You will notice that the theme option will appear as an icon on desktop and the changed desktop background.
- Now to change the background again, just right-click on the theme icon on desktop and select personalize.
- On the settings screen, click on the theme option on the left window pane and click on settings to open personalization options again.
- To change the theme again, repeat the steps above and close the settings window.
- Now you will see a new theme and changed icons on the desktop screen.
- Some themes have multiple images in them that you can set to change at regular intervals. For that, right-click on the desktop page and select new desktop background with the new image.
How to Change Windows 10 Wallpapers
Now see how to change wallpapers on Windows 10.
- Go the Personalization Settings and click on Background option for changing Windows 10 PC wallpapers.
- Choose the image you like from the gallery of pre-installed background wallpapers, or click the Browse button to upload your own wallpapers from PC.
- You also get an option to adjust the size of the wallpapers. Click on Choose to fit option for that.
You can see Microsoft’s official website for download more Windows wallpapers. If you want to set picture or custom wallpapers, just click on that image to expand it and then right-click on it to choose Set as desktop background option. To set the slideshow of your favorite images as desktop background, click on the desktop image and select slideshow from the drop-down menu to choose the desired folder of images as desktop background.
Read: Download 4K HD Wallpapers for Windows 10
How to Change Windows 10 Lock Screen
For changing the lock screen image on Windows 10, see instructions below:
- Go to Personalization Settings option.
- Click Lock Screen option from left window pane.
- Select one of the default lock screen images or upload one of your own.
- Or simply, right-click on the image, select set as option from the drop-down menu and click set as lock screen option.
Enjoy customization of Windows 10, it offers great ways to transform PC appearance to personal taste.
While your are here, do check out Windows 10 Start Menu Problem Fixes.