Microsoft has rolled out a new update for all its Windows 10 enabled mobile phones. These new Windows updates will work on all new Windows 10 devices and also on older phones that have recently been upgraded to Windows 10. Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 has added features on top of last month’s update and new changes are based on the feedback collected from Windows Insiders and Windows 10 users.
Testing of the new update shows that no major changes have been introduced to an already in use Build 10586 update which was released last month. However, unlike last month’s update that only works with Fast rings, this latest Build 10586.29 update is compatible with both Fast and Slow rings. According to Microsoft, Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 contains only minor fixes to an existing Build update launched last month.
Most of the new changes are based on the experience of those who recently upgraded to Windows 10 mobile version from Windows Phone 8.1 and this month’s cumulative update deals with issues faced by Windows Phone users in the older versions. New minor version in latest cumulative update distinguishes older and new iterations with an addition of some fixes that facilitate smooth operation of Microsoft Windows 10 Phones.
Let’s take a look at fixes included in Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 aimed at improving overall user experience and compatibility with older Windows devices. Below mentioned list details new fixes officially released by Microsoft.
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on updates, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backward compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow users to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- Issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices has been resolved.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of the box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
Microsoft has also announced that it is taking some new devices into the fold of its Windows Insider program, which will provide Build updates for smartphones including LG Lancet, Microsoft Lumia 550, Microsoft Lumia 950 & Microsoft Lumia 950 XL. These new devices to the Build update insider program will also receive Windows Device Recovery Tool to fix device detection related glitches as announced by Microsoft in it’s official press release.
In the end we can conclude that although this Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 10586.29 is far from a finished article but still new fixes would surely help tame operational errors in Windows Phones. Moreover, inclusion of new devices in the Build program should be lauded as a positive step since it would let owners of old and new Lumia devices to enjoy latest Windows 10 features.