Most Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 have already upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Windows 10 is fast catching up with Windows 7 as the most installed PC operating system on the planet. There are many reasons behind it: Windows 10 is fast, more stable and less error prone as compared to previous Windows OS versions. Cortana has been a big hit on Windows 10 and is considered by many as the best voice search assistant on any mobile or PC platform. But Windows 10 is packed with so many new features that most don’t even know about them yet, or they are not as straightforward to access. Here i am going to show you best 7 Windows 10 Hidden Features. These features will make it easier for you to accomplish daily tasks and enable you to become more productive. See below a list of Windows 10 Hidden Features and get the best out of Microsoft’s latest OS.
Windows 10 Hidden Features and How to Unlock Them:
Windows 10 features below may not be completely hidden but they are not easy to access either. So here i am going to tell you how you access them easily in seconds:
1 – Change App Location
On Windows PC, laptop and tablets, when you save apps, by default they get saved on C Drive. As we know C drive contains important system files and software and need to have space available at all times for system updates, new software or apps that help in Windows administrative tasks and more. So it is better to redirect new app, games or software installation to anther drive by default rather than having to manually select the drive every time you install something new on PC. Here’s how to:
- Open Settings App on Windows 10.
- Click on System settings option.
- Click Storage and then select the drive other than C: drive as default save location for new apps.
2 – Automatic Time Zone Change
If you are frequent traveler or live in US where different states follow different time zones then it becomes really annoying having to change Windows time zone settings manually every time you go in new time zone location. In Windows 10, you can free yourself from this hassle by settings automatic time change when entering a new time zone place. Here’s how:
- Open Settings app on Windows 10.
- Click Time & Languages settings option.
- Select ‘Set Time Zone Automatically’ and enable this option.
3 – Enable God Mode
In God Mode, you can access various important functions of Windows in just a few clicks. Here is how you can enable it on Windows 10 devices:
- Create a new folder on Windows 10, let’s say on desktop. For that, right-click on an empty space on desktop screen and select New > Folder.
- Name that folder ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C
- This will enable god mode. You can change folder name to whatever you like later on.
- Open the folder and enjoy god mode features.
4 – Find My Device
This Find My Device feature is the one you find on all modern gadgets. Microsoft realized the importance of this feature and made it a part of Windows 10 so that your Windows 10 device gets easier to locate in case of theft or if you misplaced or lost it somewhere. If location service on your lost device is enabled, you can log in to your Microsoft account from any other device available to you and locate the lost PC, tablet or phone running on Windows 10. Here’s how to enable this setting:
- Open Settings app.
- Go to ‘Update & Security’ and select Find My Device option.
- Now enable Find My Device.
Make sure to keep location service on at all times if you want to spot lost Windows 10 device.
5 – Turn on Search on Taskbar
Search function on Windows 10 is handled by new Cortana search assistant. But you can still sue old search function from Taskbar just like in older Windows OS types. On Windows 10 Cortana and search have become one feature. You can either use voice command on Cortana to find items on PC or search the internet for information or type in the search box for finding what you are looking for.
If you don’t see search bar on taskbar then right-click on the taskbar and select Search > Show Search Icon or Show Search Box.
6 – Show Battery Report
This feature is helpful for Windows 10 laptop and tablet users. You can quickly check battery level in the notification banner or on taskbar. But you can also see detailed battery report to get up-to-date information about battery levels, time left before recharge is required, battery temperature, and overall battery health. Here’s how you can see hidden battery report:
- Right-click on Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)
- Type powercfg/batteryreport/output “C:\battery_report.html” and hit enter.
- This will create an HTML files on desktop screen.
- Open this file to see latest detailed battery information.
7 – Enable Tablet Mode
You can switch to Windows 10 tablet mode even on PC, it doesn’t matter whether you are using tablet or PC. In tablet mode everything is laid out clearly on a clean interface. This mode will be useful on touchscreen enabled Windows 10 laptops.
- Click Notification icon in the taskbar to open action center sidebar.
- Now click Tablet Mode option.
There is another way of doing it:
- Open Settings
- Click System and then select Tablet Mode
- This also lets you make changes in Tablet Mode interface such as icon style, sidebar options and much more.
All done. Today, you have learnt some of the best Windows 10 hidden features that makes it easier for you to perform more unique tasks with minimum effort.
Also Check Out on AppsforWin10: How to Fix System Restore Not Working or Disabled on Windows